Suggest treatment for adenoiditis
Trouble concentrating in school, even simple things like the air conditioning kicking on can distract him
Occasional bed wetting
I have noticed what might be mouth breathing to some mild degree
Doctors and dentists have commented on his huge adnoids/tonsils to treat extent that one dentist didn't want to work on him because he thought that anesthesia combined with that could endanger breathing.
And last, I notice a very subtle occasional darker tinge of color around his mouth. this one is tough to spot, subtle, but some days I just do a double take and find myself trying to figure out if it is his skin or a word truck of the light.
Welcome to healthcare magic and thanks for putting up the query
Adenoiditis is enlarged adenoids tissue behind the nose because of which child is a mouth breather. Mouth breathing causes dryness of mouth and even tooth problems like caries.
Such children have a full looking face because of difficulty in breathing.
If you feel your child has adenoiditis, please get a X-ray nasopharynx lateral view for adenoids done and send me the reports.
The problem of concentration is not associated with adenoids or tonsils. Child might feel tired. If your kid is having any concentration difficulty, my advise to you is please consult a child psychiatrist.
Bed wetting is also not due to adenoids. It is again to be consulted with a psychiatrist. Sir sometimes kids have some problem they are not able to express. A child psychiatrist will help to find out and manage that.
For adenoids, you can put nasal drops just before the child goes to sleep..the adenoids regress with age but if they don't, they need to be operated and removed. Send me x-ray pictures so that I can suggest you better.
any further questions are always welcome
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment for adenoid hypertrophy
- Adenoids acupressure treatment
- Is nasonex suitable for adenoids treatment?
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- Adenoid hypertrophy treatment in ayurveda
- Ayurveda treatment for adenoid enlargement
- Enlarged adenoids ayurvedic treatment
- Suggest treatment for enlarged adenoids
- Suggest homeopathic treatment for adenoids
- Adenoids treatment without surgery
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?