Suggest treatment for acute skin allergy in infants

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hello Doctor,

My niece is 1.2 yrs old, she has some kind of allergy on her skin and also gets running nose and prone to sneezing after every climate change. The skin allergy is seen very often on her. Her Pediatrician has prescribed her "CYP-L 15 ml" ten drops twice a day. after giving the medicine she slept for complete 12 hrs and after getting up for her sleep she was hardly awake for 3-4 hrs and the slept for another 3 three hours again. She doesn't sleep this much normally. Should we be continuing giving her the drug or stop? we are worried.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cyproheptadine is an anti allergic and causes sleepiness

Detailed Answer:
Hi...By what you quote I feel that the kid is having an acute urticaria or skin allergy.

(CYP-L) Cyproheptadine is an anti-allergic and causes excessive sleepiness.

Skin conditions are best diagnosed only after seeing directly. I suggest you to upload photographs of the same on this website, so that I can guide you scientifically.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,