question-icon

Suggest treatment for acute sinus infection

Posted on Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Question: Hi my 16 year old son nose is blocked .he is having headache ,pain on eyebrow and cheeks His board exams r going on .i dont want medicine which cause sleepiness Please help me and suggest some medicine Thank u
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer: please meet your doctor Detailed Answer: Hello. From your complaints it looks like that your son is having a acute sinus infection and this is causing the pain and nose block. He will need antibiotics for the infection and should meet your doctor for the prescription. For the time being you can ask him to take tablet paracetamol 500 mg two to three times a day for the pain. Also ask him to take steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day and oxymetazoline drops two drops four times a day which will reduce the block. This is a short term solution and antibiotics will be required. So please meet your doctor. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist