Suggest treatment for acute gastritis

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir, I had undergone biaratic sleep surgery last year in July 2016; thereafter I am facing acute gastric problem at bed time only . Attending doctor has given me various anti acid medicine but of no effect. Recently he has prescribed normaxin rt tablet. Is this tablet will give some relief to me. I am also talking tablets for B.P. &HYPO Thyroid. Please help me . Thanks sir
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification is essential

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You need to understand the practical situation. Due to the bariatric surgery the size of your stomach is small. Moreover, the junction of the food pipe and the stomach is relatively lax. Since the storage capacity of the stomach is less and since the upper gastroesophageal sphincter is less tight, the stomach contents including the stomach acids reflux easily thus cause the problem that you are reporting. It would be hard to deal with this problem in this manner. Rather, you have to ensure that you take small meals at small intervals (such that there is less to process at a time). You also need to ensure a good physical activity such that the gastrointestinal motility remains good and the stomach contents move ahead faster. Medicines would rather be secondary.

Let me know if I could help further.