Suggest treatment for acute cholecystitis

Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I had a Hydar scan on my gallbladder a month ago and was referred to a surgeon scheduled a month from now, the problem is I am in so much pain, and I stay nauseous and muy belly cramps alot,I break out in sweats, the pain wakes me up and I can't get any relief, I've been going through this for seven months I have lost 66lbs,I can't eat, it has been 4 days since I last ate, and in the last ten days all I have eat was about 8 peach slices with a tbls of cottage cheese.I I'm weak and in constant pain.how can I get help for this now all the waiting is making me miserable,I have been to the emergency room before they diagnosed me and they didn't identify the problem at the time and sent me home without any pain relief whatsoever otc meds do not help my pain.I am
Desperate for relief.any suggestions from a doctor would be greatly appreciated
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is acute cholecystitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on Health Care Magic.
Your symptoms look like acute cholecystitis which is swelling of your gall bladder rendering it non functional.
I would like to ask a few questions do you have any fever and did the ultrasound scan show any collection in the gallbladder?
If so you will have to be put on antibiotics which is metronidazole 500mg thrice a day for a week. Which needs prescription by a doctor.
For pain relief you can use Tab Buscopan 10mg maximum twice a day.
Meanwhile also keep your self well hydrated.
The final treatment anyway is laproscopic removal of the gall bladder which has to be decided by your surgeon.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng