Suggest treatment for acute chest pain

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I just had an acute center chest level 7 pain (cramp ?) followed by a hot flash but no sweating followed by an elevated heart rate - high 80's since the event. Have had two heart attacks, 2002 and 2011 with four stents. 77 years old. No return of the pain yet.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Considering your past medical history, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam, a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes to exclude possible myocardial ischemia.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acute chest pain 10 minutes later
Thanks, addedto the above - no fever, dehydrated and a home test BP of 167/85, pulse down to high 70's. Does that chance anything in you recommendation? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Thank you for the additional information!

Nevertheless, I would still recommend going to the ER and perform those tests, just to be sure that everything is OK.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Let me know about everything!

Best wishes,

Dr.Iliri

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acute chest pain 3 hours later
Thanks. Initial tests all negative. Troponin below reference number. Will stay the night for observation. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

I am glad that everything seems to be OK!

I agree with you that when considering the fact that you have stents, in cases of moderate chest pain, it is better to exclude any serious medical condition first.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri