Suggest treatment for acute UTI
No my ursine pressure has reduce and I felt that each time I urine, i felt sleigh burning and pain. I also felt something is stoping my urine. The doctor has examine my using sample immediate and found
1) No Blood or Stone
2) But sugar present
I'm on 500mg Metformin and 10mg Cholesterol medicine.
It's already my 3rd day of taking Antibiotic , Fever medicine and Urinary Alkaninizer. The burning sensations improve and fever has subside. However, I still feel the slow urine pressure, slight sensetiveness. Can you please advise what should i do next. The Antibiotic I'm currently taking is 500mg amoxycillin.
You have acute UTI
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have symptoms typical of acute UTI.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) What are your blood sugar levels?
2) Have you consulted Urologist?
3) Have you done urine culture?
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic test done to confirm the diagnosis.
1)Routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis.
In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- Male uti treatment and treatments
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?