Suggest treatment for acne

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Spots due to picking acne . How can i get rid of them ? Can i use momate for these marks to fade away quickly
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid based creams will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query and picture. Momate is just corticosteroid. You can apply kojic acid based creams for this. You can also take vitamin C and vitamin E internally along with this.

If kojic acid is not working then you can approach a dermatologist for prescription creams like the combination - hydroquinone, tretinoin and flucinolone.

Ayurvedic over the counter creams like himalaya antiblemishing cream or vicco turmeric can be used also.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 6 minutes later
Ive had recent injury on my leg which was a small would caused by having my leg scraped over something . And had some oil spill on my hands. Would momate work better for the burn and injuru marks ? Or would kojic acid work bettebetter
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid and vitamin E ,aloe vera based cream helps.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

I have gone through your picture. You can use kojic acid one time and vitamin E and aloe vera based cream one time for the burn scars. Momate alone won't work.

Natural remedies like lemon juice application or honey application is also good for burn scars.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar