Suggest treatment for acne
i hope you can help. thanks.
Oral and topical antibiotic, benzoyl peroxide etc
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I have reviewed your history and photograph and it is not any dermatitis but acne only. Any use of topical steroid can actually aggravate it rather than resolving.
Therefore first of all I would want you to stop further use of steroid cream.
Acne though usually seen on face can virtually occur anywhere on the body and shoulders, chest and back are pretty common sites.
I would advise you oral antibiotic like doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for few weeks.
For local application, I would suggest clindamycin gel twice a day and a gel containing benzoyl peroxide and adapalene at bedtime. The latter combination is one of the most effective topical formulation even for stubborn acne.
Use salicylic acid based cleanser or bar for rinsing the areas.
Since acne is a chronic condition with frequent relapses its important to treat it in a proper way with regular follow up.
Thus I would insist you to update me about your condition after 3 weeks so that I can guide you further along the management.
Hope you will be fine soon.
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acne and blemishes
- Suggest medication for acne treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe acne
- What treatment is suggested for acne
- Suggest treatment for acne on forehead
- Suggest treatment for body acne
- Suggest treatment for acne scars
- Suggest treatment for acne and pimples
- Suggest treatment for acne
- Suggest treatment for cystic acne