Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for acne

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
skin pimples and reddish
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:

You seem to be suffering from problem of acne.
I would like to know certain more details from you so that I can help you in your problem .
Since when do you have pimples?
What all treatments have you taken?
Are you currently applying any medicine?
Any associated itching over face?
Also since you have mentioned regarding redness also, please tell if it is more on sun exposure .
Also it would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the face and upload them here on this page.
I would like to have a look at the exact skin problem before I can suggest the treatment options.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acne 14 hours later
no medicine using right now redness as intial state of pimple ,
i got treatment previously for pimple real problem is back acne i think it is might be water i using i.e, PH is high
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management of acne, use anti acne agents

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Since you are suffering from acne, I would like to tell you certain general measures:
1. You should wash your face frequently so as to decrease oil over face.
2. You can use a Salicylic acid based face wash like saliwash to clean face twice a day.
3. Avoid using moisturizers or oil over face. You should also avoid using hair oil.
4. Avoid touching or picking of acne lesions since it might lead to scarring.
5. In addition, start using an anti acne gel like clindamycin gel over the acne lesions twice a day.
6. Use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun .

Sometimes courses of oral antibiotics are also required in severe cases for which you might need direct assessment by a dermatologist .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor