Suggest treatment for acne

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: skin pimples and reddish
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You seem to be suffering from problem of acne.
I would like to know certain more details from you so that I can help you in your problem .
Since when do you have pimples?
What all treatments have you taken?
Are you currently applying any medicine?
Any associated itching over face?
Also since you have mentioned regarding redness also, please tell if it is more on sun exposure .
Also it would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the face and upload them here on this page.
I would like to have a look at the exact skin problem before I can suggest the treatment options.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 14 hours later
no medicine using right now redness as intial state of pimple ,
i got treatment previously for pimple real problem is back acne i think it is might be water i using i.e, PH is high
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management of acne, use anti acne agents

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Since you are suffering from acne, I would like to tell you certain general measures:
1. You should wash your face frequently so as to decrease oil over face.
2. You can use a Salicylic acid based face wash like saliwash to clean face twice a day.
3. Avoid using moisturizers or oil over face. You should also avoid using hair oil.
4. Avoid touching or picking of acne lesions since it might lead to scarring.
5. In addition, start using an anti acne gel like clindamycin gel over the acne lesions twice a day.
6. Use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun .

Sometimes courses of oral antibiotics are also required in severe cases for which you might need direct assessment by a dermatologist .

Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari