Suggest treatment for acne with pigmentation on back

Dermatologist
Question
I have a scarred back. This is due to acne problem. This problem had been building up since I was in school, but I never bothered much because I dint care to wear clothes that expose my back. But now I do.
I have been scrubbing my back once a week and using an antinacterial soap to wash my back.But the scars seem deep rooted. Can you pls advise me on next steps?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Treatment in acne with pigmentation and only pigmentation with no active acne lesion differs.
If its only pigmentation, using a lightening soap like dermadew lite/glyahakoj soap, lightening cream like hydroquinone cream and sessions of chemical peels would help.
If its acne with pigmentation, initially treatment would be mainly offered to control acne. We will start with antiacne soaps, antiacne creams and oral medicines along with chemical peels. Chemical peels would reduce your acne as well as scar and spots.

I would like to know
1)if you still get acne lesions or the lesions have healed with marks and scars.
2)If acne is present then
a) as per your assessment its mild or severe( involves back extensively)
b)type of Lesions- small round bumps, pus filled lesions, nodules

Also an image of your back showing the marks would be really helpful in prescribing treatment.
So answer these queries and upload a pic, we will take the discussion further.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acne with pigmentation on back 5 hours later
Dear Dr Kalpana, Thanks much for your advise. Appreciate it.
I will send you a photo of my back tomorrow.
I live near magarpatta city XXXXXXX Can you pls advise if I need to go in for chemical peel, where I should consult for the same?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Firstly post a pic of your back so that I can let you know which peel would work best.
If you have acne lesions, you may take salicylic acid peels. If having marks only then glycolic acid peel might be taken. Almost all dermatologists do peels now. Please consult any dermatologist in your area.
Hope this helped

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acne with pigmentation on back 12 hours later
Hi Doctor Kalpana, thanks for the response.
I have attached 4 snapshots of my back. im not sure if they are clear enough.
In case you think I need to send you clearer snaps, pls let me know.

Thanks,
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing the pics.
Correct me if I am wrong, I can't appreciate active acne lesions over your back. It's just the dark pigmented spots that are visible. If that's the case
Use a lightening soap while bathing like dermadew lite soap
Apply a pigmentation reducing cream like glyahakoj lotion twice in a day in small amount.
Take few sessions of glycolic acid peels from any dermatologist for faster resolution of marks.
Hope this helped