question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne rashes on shoulder back

Posted on Fri, 7 Feb 2014
Question: I have been getting acne kind of rashes on my back (on my shoulders). I consulted few dermatologists but when I stop my medication the acne comes back. I tried Benzoyl peroxide but no use. Dr. XXXXXXX from this website prescribed Adapalene ointment but inspite of its use the acne do come up. The acne does not cause any pain but they scar my skin. I really cannot expose my skin at all. Its very embarrassing. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (5 hours later)
Brief Answer: oral retinoids Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You have developed resistant acne and hence you need treatment with oral retinoids. It is the best treatment available for acne. As these are not available over the counter you need to meet a dermatologist and get it prescribed. You will get good response with retinoids, they reduce the existing lesion as well as prevent further development of acne. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist