Suggest treatment for acne on the forehead

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doc,
This is about my acne problem , from last 4 months am facing acne problem particularly on my forehead which are turning into blackheads later. I didn't have this problem earlier but from recent months. Changes i observe in my routine are wearing bike helmet to avoid pollution in my daily commute.My skin type is dry not oily. I have moderate dandruff not that heavy. Could you please suggest remedies to my problem
Thanks,
XXXXXXX XXXX

Thanks for the quick advise doc, will try your tips.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Try home remedie and visit a dermatologist.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. The cause for acne on your forehead can be due to dry skin and dandruff mainly.

I would suggest you to try home remedies like:

- Switch to herbal anti dandruff shampoos. They will help you get rid of dandruff better than the normal shampoos.
- - Use medicated shampoos like Nizarol (ketoconazole) shampoo one or two times a week for one month.
- Wash your face with a gentle Non-foaming cleanser once or twice a day.
- Moisturize your skin daily to keep it from drying.
- Dab a little cream with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid directly onto active breakouts to dry pimples and help them heal faster.
- Keep the hair off your face.
- A hot oil (coconut) massage once a week can help reduce the problem of pimples caused by dry scalp dandruff. It keeps the scalp healthy and improves the blood circulation to the scalp.

If acne still persists or worsen it is best to meet a dermatologist for detailed evaluation and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,

Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You are welcome.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana