• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne on the face

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,
This query is for my wife 32 yrs old. She is getting acne/pimples on her face which are with white puss & causing some pain. The pimples are mainly coming on forehead, right cheek & near the chin. It started since last 3-4 weeks & the frequency is 2-3 pimples per week. Since yesterday night, she started applying 'Clinmiskin Gel' in affected area.

She hasn't changed her face wash, cream etc during this time. And there is no change in location too.

Can you please share your view on necessary medication and precautions to get rid of acnes?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist and venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

She seems to have inflammatory acne. Inflammatory acne are red, painful and pustular.
I would suggest her to use topical clindamycin 1%+benzoyl peroxide 5% combination gel e.g Clindoxyl gel, twice daily. It is effective for inflammatory acne. Use twice daily on acne, after face cleansing.
For cleansing I would suggest a gentle face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice daily.
In addition she may also take a Capsule of oral antiacne antibiotic e.g Microdox-LBX 100mg Capsule (Doxycycline), twice daily for 2-3 weeks. It is a prescription medicine and must be taken after consulting a doctor.
She should avoid all cosmetics on her face, as far as possible e.g sunscreen, mositurizers, foundation etc.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist