Suggest treatment for acne on the face, neck and hands

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son was seen at a walk in clinic for a rash and eruptions on his face, neck and hands. He was given a steroid cream and Keflex. He is 15 years old and has recently started lifting weights at the gym. He since has had a few more eruptions (minor) but no improvement. How long before we see improvement? He has taken4 doses of the antibiotic so far.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concern. However, I would need you to upload an image of the rashes or eruptions. It will help me to form an idea about the underlying cause and I would be able to guide you further and to suggest how long it may y.

I would await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 7 hours later
ok here is an image
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Attachment not found

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Unfortunately I do not see any attachment. You can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY with the query id and my name mentioned in the subject.

I would await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 34 hours later
I have uploaded several photos but have not received a response. Please be so kind as to respond.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acne could be present

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. From my side I can ony respond if there is a question that you have placed (as you did now). Until then I have no way to respond.

Coming to your query. I can only find two same) images of the face, and nothing else. The rash on the face does not seem concerning. The eruptions could be due to acne. Washing the face frequently with plain water should help.

I would be lad if you upload images of the neck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D