Suggest treatment for acne on forehead
i m working for an corporate company but my forehead skin is banged with acne with tiny acne so please suggest me some good facewash n fairness product asap
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand that you are having small acne lesions on your forehead which may be causing considerable embarrassment to you.
I will outline the treatment to you. But if you could upload a good quality photograph, it will help me to be more precise as acne treatment depends on the type of acne, severity and other factors.
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
You could follow the following suggestions-
1. Use a face wash containing 2 % Salicylic acid ( e.g- Speelac face wash). Apply a pea sized amount of the gel all over your face, keep it for 30 seconds and wash it off using normal tap water. Do this 2-3 times per day.
2. Use a gel containing 1 % Clindamycin (e.g- Faceclin gel) on the pimple prone areas in the morning.
3. Use a gel containing 0.1 % Adapelene with 2.5 % Benzoyl peroxide combination ( e.g - Epiduo gel) at bedtime. This could cause mild redness and peeling in some people. If you have too much dryness, apply it only for 2 hours in the evening ( e.g- 7 pm - 9 pm) and wash it off before going to bed. Slowly build up the duration of application over 4 weeks. Then you can leave it overnight.
4. Avoid cosmetics which have a creamy consistency. Use a gel based sunscreen with SPF 30 and above. Loreal UV aqua essence is a good over the counter sunscreen which does not worsen acne.
5. Drink 2- 3 liters of water per day.
6. Have a nutritious diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid foods which have lot of sugar and also fried foods.
7. Restrict milk intake to about 2 glasses a day. Milk contains hormones and insulin-like growth factors which worsen acne. Also avoid milk based products like ice creams and chocolates. Curd is ok.
8. Do not use hair gels/ sprays/ oils. This will trickle down the skin and cause forehead acne. If you want to oil your hair, just apply 1/2 hour before bath and wash off with a shampoo.
Hope these measures will help you.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acne and blemishes
- Suggest medication for acne treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe acne
- What treatment is suggested for acne
- Suggest treatment for acne on forehead
- Suggest treatment for body acne
- Suggest treatment for acne scars
- Treatment for acne on forehead
- Suggest treatment for acne
- Suggest treatment for cystic acne