Suggest treatment for acne, cramps and bloating

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: To Whom It May Concern,
Im 18 and I have currently been with my 19 year old girlfriend for 6 months. She is my first and we have started becoming intimate. During her last cycle she got her period on the 16 of april and she has a 28 day cycle and we have had sex on the 20th of april and the first weekend of May and last weekend. We used protection 99.9% of the time but just tried putting it in and out without protection a few times just to see what it felt like.
She has got acne and cramping on friday which usually happens before her period but she was supposed to get her period on Thursday last week. On the weekend she was complaining of bloating and she was very flat compared to usual even when she wanted to be intimate. We initially thought she was pregnant but did a few pregnancy tests and they have all come up negative. She is 4 days late on getting her period and i was just a little concerned about what might be wrong. Thank you for your time.
Kind regards :)
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be from a hormonal disbalances

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

I understand your concern but don't worry.
In this scenario while pregnancy is excluded by doing some pregnancy tests, there are other many reasons that can cause delay to missed periods.
One of the most common reason is hormonal imbalance caused from excess stress.
Hence she should be calm and wait for breakthrough bleeding.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine