Suggest treatment for acne and dark spots on the face

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My wife 29 years old id getting pimples and dark spots on face. She is suffering from pcos and asthama. Any treatment for reducing dark spoks and pimples on cheeks?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Management of acne

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and can appreciate comedones, pimples and marks.
If I was her treating doctor I would recommend her to take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for 3 days in a week for 6-8 weeks.
Besides this apply benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples and comedones twice daily and kojic acid cream ( kojivit plus cream ) on the marks twice daily.
Also apply a broad spectrum sunscreen like faceguard sunscreen gel on the entire face during the day time.
Avoid oiling of scalp, intake of sugary foods, picking of pimples and avoid make up and cosmetics.
These measures will help in getting rid of acne and marks.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana