Suggest treatment for acidity

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i am working in night shift and i am facing acidity problem . can you please suggest what precaution i need to take ?

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:

As your working in night shift the chances of gastric problem increases.

Please follow these instructions which will help in reducing your acidity problems:
1. Consume plenty of water and fruit juices. Have a glass of water an hour before and after every meal. Keep a water bottle on your working desk and consume now and then as required.
2. Do not skip any meals, if you do. As skipping meals with allow the gastric juice secreted in the stomach to directly act on the stomach inner lining which will increase your acidity.
3. Avoid excess consumption of coffee or tea, if any. As in night shifts there is tendency to drink more to keep ourself awake.
4. Take Gelusil tab or syrup in the night as when you feel any heart burns. Syrup would be 2 teaspoons in 50ml of water.
5. you might require Pantoprazole or Ranitidine tablets if the symptoms doesn't improve with these instructions.
6. Have plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits. This will keep you fresh and healthy.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help you.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj