Suggest treatment for acidity
Medicines and life style changes...
As far as medical treatment is concerned, I would start proton pump inhibitors like esomeprazole (nexium) once a day along with antacids for 2-3 weeks. These should take care of acute hyperacidity treatments. However, long term management is with diet and life style change. They include:
1. Avoiding unnecessary medications especially over the counter pain medicines.
2. Taking regular food. Prefer small and frequent food instead of 3 large meals a day.
3. Look forward to dietary triggers that induce hyperacidity and avoid it. Common triggers are high spicy diet, deep fried and smoked food, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, coffee/tea, etc. Smoking is also a trigger. Avoid them if you have any such triggers.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Make sure you sleep adequately.
6. Exercise to loose weight if you are obese
7. Handle physical and mental stressors well. Don't let them affect your daily life.
These life style and dietary measures are most important to keep hyperacidity at bay.
While you follow aforementioned measures, it would be worthwhile to visit a gastroenterologist and discuss about chances of H.pylori infection. The doctor might perform some blood test, breathe tests or order for endoscopy to confirm it.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and stomach digestion problems
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and heartburn
- Suggest treatment for terrible headache because of hyper acidity
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux attacks
- Suggest treatment for constipation with acidity
- Suggest treatment for acidity and vomiting experienced morning and evening
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for acid splash in stomach
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux
- Suggest treatment for acidity problem
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...