Suggest treatment for acidity in stomach and frequent defecation

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: it seems , i might have a gastric problem, i some times feel like going to washroom multiple times or feel acidity in stomach generally after having spicy food or food at new places. i try to avoid oily and spicy food though.

my dad has the problem for long time, i am afraid i might have too. what precautions i should take ?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2. Stool test done?
3. Any medical illness?
4. On any medications?

Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
Dr.R.K
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 52 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
thanks for the reply

i have this for couple of years. kind of used to it i guess, i see this phenomena twice a week .

no stool test is done yet.
no medical illness , for last 4 years , i got chicken pox 4 years ago .
no medication taken

not sure what doctor to consult , whether it is a big enough problem to consult etc.?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
You have increased gastrocolic reflux. You might be probably be having irritable bowel syndrome.
You need to undergo few tests before calling it irritable bowel syndrome.
Stool analysis, Blood glucose test. thyroid function test, tests for celiac disease, and a colonoscopy test may be done.

You can consult a gastroenterologist to discuss about the possibility of IBS and to get these tests done.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj