Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for acidity and nasal allergy

Answered by
Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 937 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in GERD
Question: I am suffering from acidity from last 10-12 years and now from 4 years I am suffer nasal allergy and also I have stomach upset problem. Please give a valuable suggestion for it. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nasal allergy and endoscopy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

In my opinion, your nasal allergy needs to be evaluated. If I were your treating doctor, I would have clinically examined you first, then would have prescribed steroid nasal spray for 6 weeks+ antihistamines and mucolytics combination drugs for 2 weeks+ leukotriene antagonist for 3 months.

Avoid cold items and oily foods.

Keep yourself warm, avoid air conditioning.

If symptoms recur after 3 months of treatment, then I would suggest you to get allergy skin prick test done, to detect the causative allergen and then go for immunotherapy or allergy vaccines for permanent cure. This needs specialist guidance. You can discuss this with your doctor.

Regarding your acidity, since it is persisting from 10 yrs, it's advisable to get upper GI endoscopy done and treat with proton pump inhibitors + prokinetcs drug for 6 to 8 weeks.
For stomach upset, please consult your physician from clinical examination and treatment.

Empirically, you can take sporolac XXXXXXX thrice daily for 3 to 5 days.

Hope my answers have helped you. Pleased to help you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Deepashree 1 hour later
when I have take ayurvedic medicine powder (churna) for digestive system than my nasal allergy stop. when I stop that medicine allergy again start.
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult with your ayurvedic doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your follow up query.
As I am an allopathy doctor, I am not aware of ayurvedic treatment and drugs.
You can discuss this with your ayurvedic doctor.
You can continue taking live 52.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Leukotriene antagonist

doctor1 MD

My 8 year old daughter is undergoing tests to diagnose asthma. it is well controlled. She has been complaining of chest discomfort. It started very sporadically at first (once per month), but now more regular. It happens when she`s just doing quiet things. She points to either her left or right side, it varies, located just under the breast, more towards the outer chest wall. She describes a pounding sensation and `swirling`....that`s her description. It doesn`t affect her breathing. Is it asthma related, or medication.....she`s on flovent and singulair. Thanks.

doctor1 MD

I had an asthma attack last week and had to go to the after hours clinic to get a steroid shot. The doctor put me on Advair twice a day and Singulair once a day. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I just wanted to know whether it was safe to continue trying or do we need to wait a little while?

doctor1 MD

Hello, My son is 5 years old and complains of his nose being sore 'inside' where it goes from soft to hard bone. He also rubs the bottom of the nostrils constantly. He says it hurts but isn't more specific than that, when I look up with a torch or...

doctor1 MD

Good day, My 2.5yrs old son, weighing 14.5kgs catches cold very often. For cough , doctor prescribed zedex-p. For the past three months, he has been having continuous cough that sounds like barking through out the day. Doctor prescribed sinarest...

doctor1 MD

hi, I am getting cold frequently and it is taking long time to cure and one of my nostril is having some bone deviation which makes me bit difficult while breathing. can you please suggest me some medication. Thanks, XXXXXXX