Suggest treatment for acidity and nasal allergy

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in GERD
Question: I am suffering from acidity from last 10-12 years and now from 4 years I am suffer nasal allergy and also I have stomach upset problem. Please give a valuable suggestion for it. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nasal allergy and endoscopy.

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion, your nasal allergy needs to be evaluated. If I were your treating doctor, I would have clinically examined you first, then would have prescribed steroid nasal spray for 6 weeks+ antihistamines and mucolytics combination drugs for 2 weeks+ leukotriene antagonist for 3 months.

Avoid cold items and oily foods.

Keep yourself warm, avoid air conditioning.

If symptoms recur after 3 months of treatment, then I would suggest you to get allergy skin prick test done, to detect the causative allergen and then go for immunotherapy or allergy vaccines for permanent cure. This needs specialist guidance. You can discuss this with your doctor.

Regarding your acidity, since it is persisting from 10 yrs, it's advisable to get upper GI endoscopy done and treat with proton pump inhibitors + prokinetcs drug for 6 to 8 weeks.
For stomach upset, please consult your physician from clinical examination and treatment.

Empirically, you can take sporolac XXXXXXX thrice daily for 3 to 5 days.

Hope my answers have helped you. Pleased to help you further.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Deepashree 1 hour later
when I have take ayurvedic medicine powder (churna) for digestive system than my nasal allergy stop. when I stop that medicine allergy again start.
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult with your ayurvedic doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your follow up query.
As I am an allopathy doctor, I am not aware of ayurvedic treatment and drugs.
You can discuss this with your ayurvedic doctor.
You can continue taking live 52.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju