Suggest treatment for acidity and flatulence

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Good morning sir
I am suffering from acidity and gas problem from last 4-5 days due to over eating and from last few months i snore too much which is leading to dry and thirsty throat
Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acidity related indigestion.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern for your symptoms.
1) Symptoms of acidity, gas problem are suggestive of severe acidity related ingestion in which inflammation (redness, edema) in stomach will cause decreased production of acid in stomach which leads to improper digestion of ingested food.
2) upper GI endoscopy can confirm this condition following which medication for acidity, intestinal digestive enzyme supplementation (Unienzyme) can be started.
3) If severe acidity is due to H.Pylori infection in stomach, which can be confirmed during endoscopy, then specific antibiotic therapy must be taken for specific duration of period.
4) Snoring is not related to acidity problem. Obesity might be reason for snoring.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj