Suggest treatment for acid reflux
It might help with bronchoconstriction
Hello and welcome,
A bronchodilator inhaler such as albuterol will not stop the underlying condition of acid reflux and aspiration. It can, however, decrease the constriction of the bronchi in response to the caustic acid. This will help with acute tightness, but won't help the underlying problem. I also am not sure if it is a good thing to dilate the airways and prevent their natural reaction to keeping acid out. That is a question I would put to a pulmonologist. But if you are having excessive bronchial constriction, then an inhaler might help.
I hope the underlying problem of night time acid reflux is being addressed. Not eating within a few hours of going to bed, having the head of the bed up on blocks, and taking an acid reducer are all important things to help prevent this.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and stomach digestion problems
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and heartburn
- Acid reflux cough treatment
- Immediate treatment for acid reflux
- Natural treatment for acid reflux
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux attacks
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux
- Bile acid reflux treatment