Suggest treatment for acid reflux and lip inflammation

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor,

This is xxxxxxxx I have been battling with dry lips ( especially lower lips) for the past one year. Last month around the same date I got some redness peeling and fissures in my lower lip ( sometimes it was in the right side of lower lips sometimes it was in the left side of lower lips some times the right side of vermillion border sometimes left side of vermillion border ) . I consulted couple of dermatologist in person who said it could either be allergy or some acid reflux problem and gave me rexythromycin antibiotic oral for one week and cetrizine for two weeks along with an antioxidant to be taken oral and hydrocortisone acetate cream to be applied for 15 days . Now for the past two days I am experiencing tightness and dryness in the right side of lower lip and if you could see in the pictures I am sending you just above the right side of vermillion border I could see a white spot some times it looks like a white pimple sometimes red spot sometimes a fissures cut . Please I am very scared of herpes and I have taken two different tests from two centres four months ago and both came negative . Please help me . I am sending you the pictures .
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dry lips

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It's just dry lips and not a disease.
I treat such cases with triamcinolone oral paste to be applied twice daily on lips.
Take Vitamin C tablet daily.
This will help in repairing the lips from within.
The white spots are post inflammatory hypopigmentation due to repeated peeling of skin.
Just try the above medication for a month and let me know the results.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 48 hours later
Hello doctor ,

I have uploaded some more photos of today as my lips feel more flaky ( especially lower lips) and dry even the lower lip vermillion border looks little big redder than normal days . Could you please suggest me if I can use sebamed lip defence balm for my lips also can I use Vaselinepetroleum jelly for my lips as I always use them and for the past one week I have stopped using them . Can you suggest me if not for these any other lip balm for daily purpose .
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sebamed is good

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and photographs.
Sebamed lip defence is very good you can use it on regular basis.
In between you can apply kenacort oral paste for a week.
This combination will work well.
Take Vitamin C tablet daily.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee