Suggest treatment for acid reflux and food entering esophagus
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.
According to your description I would suspect acid peptic disease(acidity).I would recommend:-
a. Tab. Rabeprazole 20mg 30 minutes before breakfast once daily for 4-6 weeks.This is available as over the counter medication.
b. Elevate you head end of the cot by 2 inches so that the acid donot come back causing chest discomfort.
c. Drink plenty of oral fluids.
d. Regularise your food habits and eat on time.Avoid oily, spicy food.Have fresh fruits and vegetables.
If the pain still subsides then I would recommend a upper GI endoscopy to rule out upper GI pathology(eg. gastritis etc).
Abnormal posture(neck/back) leads neck muscle strain/fatigue and mimics/overlaps pain due to acidity.I would suggest to do stretching exercises, apply hot/cold bag application and analgesic(diclofenac) spray locally for 2-3 days.More importantly I would suggest to adopt/practise good posture.Modify the height of the chair or table at your work station.
Hypothyroidism donot result due to smoking/vaporizing.
I would like to know if you have history of hypothyroidism in your family?
Do you have any difficulty,pain during swallowing (solid, liquid diet)?
Please keep me posted if you have any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and stomach digestion problems
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and heartburn
- Acid reflux cough treatment
- Natural treatment for acid reflux
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux attacks
- Acid reflux phlegm difficulty in swallowing food treatment
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux
- Bile acid reflux treatment