Suggest treatment for aches and pain in shoulder after injury

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell on my left shoulder last year. It aches awful bad almost as if I just injured it, especially at night. I had an xray but no breaks were apparent. I don't have restrictions moving it. The pain persists. What do I need to do, what could it be and what type of Dr. do I need to see. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Soft tissue injury.

Detailed Answer:
The persistent pain in the shoulder is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury. A rotator cuff injury needs to be ruled out after an MRI scan if the pain is persistent.
You need to give it a rest, avoid any movement and take a mild pain killer and do a hot compress in the area. If the pain is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for an examination and get some muscle relaxants prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal