Suggest treatment for accumulation of fluid around the heart post bypass surgery
Suggestive of heart failure.
Dear XXXXXXX Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.
After having gone through the history given in your query I am of the opinion that your father has symptoms suggestive of heart failure.
He needs to take certain medications like Lasix ('water pill') to reduce the accumulation of fluid around the heart. He may also need drugs like Angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor to prevent further complications.
Beside he also need to have certain life style modifications such as:
1. Restriction of dietary salt
2. To avoid smoking or consuming alcohol (if he is doing so.)
3. His BP, blood glucose, serum cholesterol levels should be well controlled by appropriate medications.
4. Regular exercise (morning/evening walk).
Hope the suggestions given above would be useful.
If you have any follow up query, please feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation after heart bypass surgery
- Cost of heart bypass surgery
- Emotions after heart bypass surgery
- What is the treatment of laryngitis after bypass surgery
- Heart bypass surgery side effects
- Quadruple heart bypass surgery
- Removal of heart during bypass surgery
- Heart bypass surgery weak heart
- Second heart bypass surgery
- Suggest treatment for chest pain after bypass surgery