Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of double dose of Lisinopril and Metoprolol
Get your pulse rate and BP checked.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
The possible side effect that you could get by taking the double dose is reduction in Blood pressure and Heart rate.
However, that is not common because you have taken the double dose of medicine that you regularly take and it is usually well accepted by the body.
Now, it would all depend on the BP readings that you regularly have and the BP that you have now.
The best way out that we advice our patients in to do self monitoring of Pulse rate and Blood pressure at home and at any point of time, the Blood pressure falls to <100/60 mmHg and Pulse rate falls to <60 beats per minute, or you feel dizzy, you should attend ER.
Drink plenty of fluids and also take coffee and salt lemon water, that would help to sustain the BP.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is metoprolol succinate er used in the treatment of heart attack?
- Lisinopril rash treatment
- Taking lisinopril and metoprolol
- Hep c treatment and lisinopril
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment for taking metoprolol while jogging
- Accidental double dose of lisinopril
- Is lisinopril the best treatment for htn control
- Is taking metoprolol safe for treatment of palpitaton
- Is metoprolol succinate er used in the treatment of sinus tachycardia ?