Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of calamine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 631 Questions
My 13 year old mistakenly swallowed a teaspoon of calamine lotion. She is about 120 pounds. Should this amount be toxic?
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nothing serious.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
As your child have ingested small qauntity, there is nothing to worry.
Give him lot of water and milk.
Zinc oxide poisoning can occur only if large amount ingested.
See a doctor if you there is nausea , diarrhea, diziness.
Hope i helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor