Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of Karvol plus by children
1 drop won't do harm
Hi....if you are definitely sure that it's only one single drop, nothing to worry. But if the quantity is large with respect to age, I suggest you take the baby to nearest emergency room if any of the below mentioned symptoms occur.
I need to know the baby's age and how the baby is right now.
Accidental intake by mouth may cause diarrhoea, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and sweating.
This might require emptying stomach by aspiration and lavage (sucking out and washing).
When large quantities are swallowed, hypotension (low blood pressure), dyspnoea (shortness of breath) and respiratory failure may occur. The respiration (breathing) should be assisted until spontaneous breathing is fully restored.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Thank you for your answer. I am sure it was a single drop. So far I have not seen any of the above symptoms. He seems to be sleeping though he is a bit restless due to existing cold & chest congestion.
As far as vomiting is concerned, he puked a few drops around 10 minutes after feeding. Breathing seems regular to me.
Please suggest if he still needs to be taken to hospital or the stomach needs to be emptied.
thank you so much
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Son consumed karvol plus
- Swallow karvol plus capsule
- Suggest treatment for chapped hands in children
- Using karvol plus during pregnancy
- Karvol plus capsule for blocked ear
- Accidental intake of karvol plus
- Baby swallowed the karvol plus capsule
- Karvol plus side effects epilepsy
- Karvol plus inhaler capsules indications
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?