Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of Eltroxin by infant
It could be related to to Eltroxin.
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Good evening!
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I appreciate your concern for the safety of of Eltroxine in your daughter.
Since you are not sure of exactly how many tablets were there in the bottle remaining but suspecting that she might have ingested half a tablet or so.
The present symptoms in absence of flu or other infection could be due to suspected intake of half a tablet of Eltroxine.
She needs to be monitored for other effects of Eltroxine like rapid or irregular heartbeats, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headaches, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, & excessive sweating.
These could be symptoms of too much medicine in her body.
In view of the above explanation, I advice you to kindly take her to a child specialist consultation for better evaluation and further management.
Hope these suggestion could be useful to you in getting her symptoms treated.
Should you need more clarification, please feel free to send your query.
Wishing your daughter a very good health.
Take care of her.
Yes, it could be attributed to Eltroxine.
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Good Morning.
Since she was afebrile (with out fever) before consuming Eltroxine and after taking it she became febrile (with fever), I will attribute it to Eltroxin unless there are other features of flu / infection. I will suggest you give her paracetamol syr to control her fever and taken an opinion from your pediatrician.
Hope this advice would help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for congenital biliary anomalies in infants
- Suggest treatment for vaginal bleeding after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Eltroxin treatment for overweight
- Bleeding from gums redness around incisor taking eltroxin medication treatment
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for wrist pain after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after accidental fall
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- Suggest treatment for back ache after accidental fall