Suggest treatment for absence of sperm

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: my friend did an open testicular biopsy 20 years ago and found no sperm possibility. what are the advanced treatment found since then
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
testicular biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM

Thank you for writing to us.
The biopsy done - showed no sperms.
If we can get more details on the cell type - like spermatid were seen or any other cell type we can see if there is any possibility
Also , an idea of the blood hormone levels such as FSH / Total testosterone - if they were done ( ideally done now with 3 months)

This will help us to understand the condition better and offer some treatment

Hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 2 hours later
Thank you. Plz tell me the required test you need to determine if there are new method to treate it.
The biopsy was done 15 years ago. But the attached repot is done in January 2014
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
reply

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

I have gone though your report
I will also a urologist / XXXXXXX to asses you at the outset. Plan an ultrasound.

It will advised to do the blood tests to see if there is any possibility to assess your present status.

with the reports we can plan further to help you

Dr Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later
thanks. can you be specifc. whicharea the ultrasound also what blood test should i ask. regards
Brief Answer:
Further discussions

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

1. As i have mentioned in the 1st reply Hormones FSH ? total testosterone

2. Ultrasound of the scrotum

3. An opinion with the urologsit - is very important - for complete co-relation of the findings

Dr Nandita Thakkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 20 hours later
a general question. what are the new methods or technique came out since 15 years ago for such problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
respose

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

I have discussed what you need to do before we plan any discussion

The results will help the consultant to decide what is best for you

Please do the necessary tests for better evaluation and assessment

Dr Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju