Suggest treatment for abscess on the lower inner buttocks
I find constipation to be a likely underlying cause
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details provided. I think that the constipation has a role to play. Constipation can be related to hard stools and conditions like anal fissure and abscess. The correlation can often not be evident on endoscopic or colonoscopic examination. Since there is stasis of stool in the large intestine or rectum, and since the stool is otherwise an infected substance, it is possible for the germs to leak out into the region of buttocks and thereby cause an abscess. The abscess is already present and might need drainage. Oral or intravenous antibiotics might not reach there properly and so it might be hard to treat except for with a surgical drainage. But I would leave this judgement to a surgeon. A dermatologist might not be in the best position to comment.
The steps I can suggest, are:
* Regular physical activity and exercise.
* High fibre diet including plenty of green leafy vegetables.
* Regular use of stool softeners like lactulose, PEG, or isabgol.
* Attempt to complete evacuation of stool.
* Enemas may be tried if the stool gets held for several days.
* Stiz bath is likely to provide relief.
* Proper maintaining of hygeine.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
Clinical examination would be necessary.
Thanks for writing back.
It is hard for me to comment without clinical examination. But as I mentioned, constipation could lead to stasis of the stool which could be the source of infection. It is also hard to comment on the cause of muscle pains without examining her. If she is active, constipation is a less likely to be a cause. The joint pains could actually be growth pain but once again it is hard to comment without clinical correlation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Molar abscess treatment
- Anal abscess treatment
- Skene's gland abscess treatment
- Suggest treatment for abscessed tooth
- Treatment of superficial abscess
- Antibiotic treatment of bartholin's abscess
- Ovarian abscess treatment
- Perineal abscess ayurvedic treatment
- Diet in liver abscess treatment
- Periodontal abscess treatment
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever