Suggest treatment for abnormality in left temporal lobe
Hi Dear Jauer , Consult Local Neurologist.
Thanks for your query.
You might have epilepsy or organic brain syndrome. So if possible do MRI of brain.
As signs and symptoms of schizophrenia, Bipolar, Panic and Obsessive compulsive disorder may be seen in temporal lobe abnormality.
Please give detail of EEG which might suggestive of Hyperactivity in temporal lobe.
You might not have primary psychiatric problem it is secondary to organic brain problem so if address only psychiatric condition you might not improved and faces side effects a lot which you experienced.
So consult local neurologist and discuss above things with your treating psychiatrist.
Awaiting your response.
Et Al..."Clinical correlation; A nonepilitiform EEG does not rule out epilepsy...The regional (left temporal) slowing seen is consistent with focal, nonspecific cerebral dysfunction"
ME: Does this mean I am not able to benefit from monoamines RI, spec., DRI NERI, SSRI?
None of the antipsychotics work, i.e.. Haldol, Risperdal
I have hereditary schizophrenia, both parents, two grandparents
I am 57 male. there is nothing I can do, it is hopeless. There is only one way out. You know what that is....
This EEG is almost normal except temporal slowing, so you should consult psychiatrist for further management.
I understand you have tried many medication; but still there are many newer medication like Clozapine, Blonenserine, Illoperidone, etc. Further some individuals benefit with electro convulsive therapy. It helps to treat the symptoms and also increases response to medications.
Therefore don't loose hope. Discuss with your treating doctor about medication and ECT .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Temporal lobe epilepsy treatment
- Left temporal lobe hyperactive epilepsy
- Treatment and cure for temporal lobe stroke
- Left temporal lobe dysfunction
- Treatment and cure for temporal lobe epilepsy
- Cortical dysplasia left temporal lobe
- Left temporal lobe angioma
- Left temporal lobe seizure symptoms
- Left temporal lobe and diarrhea
- Left temporal lobe of brain
- Is divalproex suggestible for treating severe OCD?
- Suggest treatment for narcist personality
- What causes presence of opiates in urine screening?
- How long does marijuana stay in the blood stream?
- Suggest treatment for abnormality in left temporal lobe
- What causes talking during sleep?
- Suggest treatment for depression and anxiety
- Can I stop taking adderall abruptly?
- Is major depression a life-long affliction?
- What should be done after Crocin overdose?