Suggest treatment for abnormal resting heart rate

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am a 51 year old male that started jogging a little more than one year ago. 5'9 and 188lbs. Run about 3 miles every other day. My heart rate is maxing about 165 while running, but what is disconcerting is that my testing rate is 100-106. Is there a cause for concern? BP today was 127/91
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your questions....

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX,

I read your query very carefully and would like to say that your resting heart rate is between 100-106 which is in the upper normal limits. So you have nothing to worry.

However i would like to suggest to run some examinations for proper evaluations of your health (heart) conditions:
- Blood workout
- ECG
- Cardiac ECHO
- ECG 24 hour monitoring (Holter)
- Bp 24 hour monitoring
- Stress test

If the results are normal than you have nothing to worry about.

Hope it answered to your query!
Dr. Shehu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju