Suggest treatment for abnormal EKG reading

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I am 35 years old. 5'6, weight 256.8. I went to urgent care for pressure in my upper back. Not accompanied by SOB, dizziness, or sweating. BP was 135/70, CXR was normal, EKG was a little abnormal. Troponin level was 0.04. Should I be concerned? I have issues with my back all the time...
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your cardiac test needs further investiation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam
I have read your case and your troponin level are slightly high and your EKG as you are saying was not normal so I would suggest you to go for further investigation.Like a treadmill test or ECHOCARDIOGRAHY.
Back pain may or may not be related to heart problem but you have to make sure that there is no cardiac problem as it needs to be treated as emergency.
If these test turns out to be normal then you can focus on other causes of back pain such as abnormal posture, muscle weakness.
I hope this answer will help you. Let me know if you want to ask any further questions.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj