• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for abdominal pain

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: hello doctor,
I am a 26 year old female.I am suffering from abdominal pain.The middle of my abdomen(below the rib cage) is mildy bulging out and pains on touch.and I feel burning in the rest of my abdominal area.
I am underweight and I avoid outside food.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/26 - have pain in abdomen below the rib cage - bulging and pains on touch - burning in rest of the abdominal area - are underweight and avoid outside food... not visited any Doctor

Please provide additional information:
- Since when is this problem?
- Any associated nausea, vomiting, loose motions or altered stools?
- What are the aggravating factors?
- What are the factors that relieve or reduce the pain?
- Any other information that you would like to share?

The area you have mentioned is more associated with the problems related to the stomach or transverse colon, your detailed history can help me to assist you the most.
Awaiting for your feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
its been two days.Mild nausea,no vomiting or other.Most uncomfortable during night and when waking up.Tolerable discomfort during the rest of the day.Havent taken any medicine.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try these medicines and see you Doctor too.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
You may please take the following medicines and see the results.
PPI like Omeprazole
Domperidone for nausea if required and
Anti-spasmodic like dicyclomin if there is pain in the abdomen.

You may please take the assistance of your Doctor if any of the medicines are not OTC meaning if they need a prescription.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 18117 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Abdominal pain

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from left quadrand pain with my left foot turning purple and the foot being cool to the touch. I had vascular studies done at...

doctor1 MD

For three weeks I have been having severe gnawing upper abdominal pain mainly after eating. Gets worse when I lay down. I stopped eating any oils...

doctor1 MD

Hi I had gallbladder surgery 3-4weeks ago because of gallstones . Last 4 days I noticed that I have reddish spit in the morning .I checked with my...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I got the longer lasting contraceptive fitted last week Monday... I am still having bad lower abdominal pain..... The Nurse told me the pain...

doctor1 MD

My husband got very nauseated and extremely sweaty while urinating. He also got shaky. This happened once before about 5 years ago. What could...

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor so my partner and i had a baby 8 and a half months ago we were using condoms as protection. I have underacfive thyroid . We decided last...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. T Chandrakant
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones

  • Q - What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gastritis

  • Q - What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?

  • Q - What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?

  • Q - What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?

  • Q - What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?

  • Q - What does this EKG report indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis