Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
Please give details, needs urgent clinical evaluation and investigations
Thanks for your query, albeit very short.
Please provide some additional information:
- Since when have you got this pain?
- Any associated nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation or loose stools, urinary symptoms?
- Any fever, backache or any other symptoms?
- Any associated medical problems like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid problems and so on?
The answers to these questions will help me more to assist you the most.
Likely causes of very sharp pain above the belly button and to the lower left area, in absence of detailed history, examination and investigations are:
Gastritis or gastric ulcer
Colitis or enterocolitis as the pain is in two areas
Needs proper clinical evaluation by a General Surgeon, examination and investigations to assist in proper diagnosis. I would advise you to go to ER so that early diagnosis will help for proper treatment.
I hope this answer helps you in early diagnosis and proper treatment, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Diverticulitis can be one of the causes as you already have the history of.
Thanks for your feedback.
As per the history of IBS and diverticulitis, this may be the obvious reason for the pain above the belly button and to the left.
I would advise you to go to the ER ASAP so that CT scan, upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy can help in finalizing the diagnosis and gives a plan for the treatment.
Causes and probable treatment as noted.
Thanks for your appreciation.
Extreme bloating can be due to gas producing bacteria having upper-hand over the normal commensals, this is called GI flora disturbance.
Additional reasons can be:
Aerophagia meaning inadvertent swallowing of the air due to pain, anxiety and stress.
Taking food and/or beverages that increase gas production in the intestine. I hope by this time you must have noticed the foods and beverages that instigate or enhances bloating.
Get the treatment as per the cause, sometimes a course of an antibiotic and metronidazole for 5 days can help to alleviate all the problems (you need a prescription of your local Doctor for the names and dosages). This may be needed for the infection also.
Avoid all the foods and beverages that you must have noticed to instigate or enhance bloating
Pain can be due to diverticulitis, entero-colitis and bloating too.
You can take anti-spasmodic whenever necessary.
Proper treatment of the underlying cause will automatically help to ease the pain.
I hope this answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatments for abdominal pain
- Treatment and cure for Abdominal pain
- Treatment for lower abdominal pain
- What is the treatment for abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain ispite of taking medicines
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and appetite loss
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain caused by hard coughing
- Treatment for abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and bloating