Suggest treatment for abdominal pain with severe bloating

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Cancer
Question: I've had a lot of stomach problems (hiatal hernia, irritable bowel syndrome). I get a lot of gas and oain almist everytime I eat. Last night I was in emerg cause I couldnt sleep. Severe abdominal pain with severe bloating. Thought I was having a heart attack. Doctor gave me something to stop stomach from spasming.
I've had lower back pain for months and have had many ultrasounds that show
w nothing. Very frustrated and exhausted. Not sure what to do next

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following medications advised to start...

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are indicative for reflux, and high doses of PPIs are needed (up to 80 mg/day).

I advise to take domperidone and butyric acid to relieve your bloatness,

If still no improvement, pancreatic enzymes should be started.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Klerida