Suggest treatment for abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: my wife is pale and nauseaus and vomiting. she is not pregnant as she is under injectables. she is having abdominal pain and feels week.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
List of injectables needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Can you please send me the list of injectables she is taking and why were they given to her so that I can pin point the reason for her symptoms.
Also please tell me the duration since when she is experiencing these symptoms.
Waiting for your response.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 54 minutes later
she is taking a contraceptive injectables. her symptoms started this morning.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
simple measures advised

Detailed Answer:
This is most likely related to food related gastritis and will be relieved by simple measures viz
- give her bowl of curd every 5-6 hours
- ask her to take ample amounts of water
- give her 2 teaspoons of syrup digene which is an antacid and can be given 3-4 times a day and will give her instant relief
- ask her to avoid fried and spicy food
- given her tablet ondansetron and see the response but in case vomiting persists she needs to be taken to a physician at the earliest for proper examination and prescription for an antibiotic course.
Despite of the fact that she is on injectable contraception she should still do a urine pregnancy test and in case negative above measures will help her in achieving relief from symptoms.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN