Suggest treatment for abdominal pain in a child
Symptoms not typical for Crohn's...
Hi my dear,
I am sorry for the health situation of the little girl.
Now, you are reporting that she is having:
- tummy pain for several months
- blood in stool
- small bowel with vascular malformations during endoscopy
From what you are reporting and considering her young age, Crohn's is almost impossible. As her small bowel has vascular malformations, here we should stay and determine the diagnosis which is not Crohn's to my opinion.
Waiting for biopsy results and considering further treatment for her vascular malformations.
Any other queries are most welcome!
Capsulated endoscopy advised...
Hi back my dear,
At this point, I'd suggest to run capsuled endoscopy to determine:
- the exact location of vascular malformations before deciding the best treatment strategy. It is true that treatment depends on the size of malformations: endoscooy coagulation,pharmacotherapy or surgery.
Can you send the endoscopy/colonoscopy reports? I need to understand where did they took the sample for biopsy.
However, I still think that her symptoms of getting tummy aches is not typical for malformations. That's why I asked to run capsulated endoscopy.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatments for abdominal pain
- Treatment and cure for Abdominal pain
- Treatment for lower abdominal pain
- What is the treatment for abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain ispite of taking medicines
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and appetite loss
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain caused by hard coughing
- Treatment for abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and bloating