Suggest treatment for abdominal pain during menstruation
Probably dysmenorrhea, need not to worry
Hi XXXX, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. A couple is said to be having infertility when they fail to conceive after one year of successful unprotected intercourse.
The chances of getting pregnant in each menstrual cycle is only 20-25%, which means that every one cannot conceive in 2-3 cycles.
The pain in the abdomen during periods can be due to spasmodic dysmenorrhea, which is normal and is caused by the expulsion of blood from the uterus, or can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease, some pathology in the uterus like fibroid, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
Presence of very small solid pieces in the menstrual blood is usually the endometrial pieces which are shed during menstruation, and is normal.
I would suggest her to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated( ultrasound) and get treated for the excessive pain during menstruation.
However, in my opinion, you both need not take stress regarding conception, and wait for at least one year before consulting an infertility specialist.
You should follow the fertile period, in which the chances of conception are increased, and ranges from Day 8 to day 22 of menstrual cycle. You both should have unprotected intercourse , preferably every alternate day, during this period to maximize the chances of conception.
Your wife should also take folic acid tablet daily as taking it in the preconceptional and preconceptional period decreases the risk of congenital anomalies in the fetus.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Underarm pain during menstruation
- Knee pain during menstruation
- Neck pain during menstruation
- Throbbing pain during menstruation
- Rectal pain during menstruation
- Thigh pain during menstruation
- Treatment and cure for Pain during menstruation
- Foot pain during menstruation
- Facial pain during menstruation
- Abdominal pain during menstruation
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?