Suggest treatment for abdominal pain, bloating and cramps

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi. I am a 48 year old female. I have recently Been diagnosed with complex uterine hyperplasia without atypical. I am scheduled for hysterectomy in 2 weeks. Today I have been having severe cramping and bloating. I lam having trouble moving around normally. Is this normal? Do you think 2 weeks is soon enough for my hysterectomy?
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two weeks seems to be appropriate

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to healthcaremagic and thanks for trusting us for your health related queries.
I guess your concern is about scheduling of surgical operation.As far as the diagnosis and treatment mode is concerned it seems to be appropriate.

Cramping and bloating are non specific sign.It could be because from uterus or sometimes from acidity or ingestion too or electrolyte imbalance also etc.However,you can inform your doctor and get treatment for it.

Though your operation is scheduled in 2weeks,prior to surgery your doctor will have a look at you and assure whether you are fit for surgery before taking inside operation theater. This is further crosschecked by anesthetist who gives anesthesia to you.So,you have two professionals to verify whether its appropriate to take up for surgery or not.

I hope this small discussion would be helpful and useful to you.

Feel free to ask further queries.
Get well soon.
Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.MBBS,MS(obstetrics and gynecology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana