Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting after taking birth control pills

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: i had sex with my fionce last night and i skipped 4 pills of my birth control then tonight my stomach hurts like i need to throw up and i feel hot all over but no temp nd wen i ate a craker and a string cheese it didnt taste right can i be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UNLIKELY TO BE PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS so early.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
As you have already skipped your 4 pills this cycle , you are not protected from conception during this cycle and you may get pregnant, but as you had sex last night and the symptoms started tonight, it is unlikely that they would be due to fertilisation and pregnancy as it takes at least 3 days for fertilisation and implantation to take place. The earliest you can conclusively learn about pregnancy would be after 7 days post intercourse with a serum beta hcg test. If the hcg levels are more than 5mIU then you are pregnant.
The present gastrointestinal symptoms can be due to a possible stomach infection.
Please get your self evaluated at ER.