Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and loose stools

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I'm having a sudden pain in my abdomen like cramps and loose stools. I have taken a pan 40 and eldoper. Is there anything else that I can do to help myself
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Food poisoning vs Gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking HealthcareMagic.

The symptoms that you describe, loose stools and cramps correlate with food poisoning or gastroenteritis.

Both these conditions can be treated easily most of the times.

The medicine that you have taken (Pan 40 and eldoper) work great to reduce the symptoms of these conditions.

Here are the advice to help your body heal faster and to not get worse with the symptoms:

- have plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. It is very important to take fluids to replace the ones that you lose with the loose stools.

- Tab Paracetamol 500 mg for pain or the fever
-soups & broths ,rice/toast or pasta

-oral rehydration solutions (OHS), such as Pedialyte. These will replace the electrolytes and don't need a prescription.

-sports drink
-have a lot of rest

Probably your symptoms will vanish in a couple of days.

If you have any other question,don't hesitate to contact me.

Dr.Endri Katro

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee