Suggest treatment for abdominal pain after taking emergency contraceptive pills

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I had sex feb10 then have my pill on the same day. Stopped the pill on the 6th day and got abdominal pain in the lower left (ovary) on the 11th day. On the feb 25 i got my bleeding and still pain. Is it a menstrual period or im a pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
your chances of pregnancy are minimal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
Firstly which pills have you taken for 6 days ? it is important to learn because ECP or emergency contraceptive pill is to be taken only once within 72 hrs of intercourse.
If you have started the bleeding it indicates that you are not pregnant but the ideal way would be to get a serum beta hcg test done. If the chg levels are less than 3mIU then you are not pregnant.