Suggest treatment for abdominal discomfort caused by UTI

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir
I have emptied my bowl in the morning and i feel some discomfort in lowerabdomen and rectum No pain. What may be the reason for it. Pls help me. Mybmotion is normal and even checked it.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is possible that although you have reasonably vacated your bowels, there is some left over. In other words, incomplete evacuation could leads to such a presentation. I do not think that there is anything to worry about.

Another possibility is urinary tract infection but unless you have other symptoms or unless the problem keeps lingering I do not think that you need to be concerned about this.

Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 minutes later
Sir can rectal cancer lead to this discomfort and can rectal cancer b diognessed by digital examination. Pls help me
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
I would not be least bit bothered about rectal cancer as a possible cause. Unless you have had a history of diverticuliltis and constipation there is nothing to worry.

A digital examination cannot rule out cancers but can detect tumor masses, if present. Once again I suggest not to worry.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 22 minutes later
Sir
I am always a feared person to cancer and i had fear 3 months back and i went for endoscopy it was normal. Now my fear more on colon ,rectum and anus. Why i dont know. Only sumptoms i have is discomfort and due to fear not able to concentrayenin any work . My gastro had a digital exam 2 months back and said all normal
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Since your gastro did not find any unexpected lump you do not need to worry any further. If there is a cancer, definitely there would be profuse cell division leading to tumor formation. If there is no tumor, you need not worry.

Feel free to ask me back directly if you have any sort of health related query in the future. I would be there to help you out.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 minutes later
Sir
Will it be a symptom for cancer in colon. If i go for motion it becomes normal i feel. What is the best solution for coming out of it. He made digital examination as i had a pain. It was a cut. Will this single symptom aline can b a sign of colon cancer .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fiber intake is essential.

Detailed Answer:
In case of colon cancer the main offending agent is constipation. Unless you have regular constipation you need not worry. If you have constipation you simply need to enhance your fiber intake. Adequate fiber intake will ensure regular bowel habits and will clear you of such problems.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 days later
Sir
No constupation all. I had eyes burning ysrd night and now inhabe lower abdomen waist pain. Pain on my waist area. What may be the reason. I had the same kind of pain 5 days back and was better now again it has come .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lumbar spondylosis or muscle spasm likely to be the cause.

Detailed Answer:
If you have no constipation you need not worry about colon cancer or rectal cancer. There may be a host of reasons for your waist pain. Lumbar spondylosis is the most likely cause. You would need to get an X Ray of LS spine (AP and lateral) for confirmation.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 26 hours later
Sir
Swine flu is spreading here. Can i give vaccine fir me and my kids. Is it effective. If i take it today how many days will it take to get effect. Start its pricess .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It takes 3 weeks for you to develop the immunity

Detailed Answer:
You can. But please note that it will take 3 weeks for the immunity to set in and it would be valid for only one flu season. The price is around Rs.600 in XXXXXXX for a vaccine.

Sir
I am more thankful to u. I am always a feared person in life to cancer. I have pain in my anus for past 20 days. Ystd my GP diogneaaed and said its on the side of spinal cord. Swell is there. I made by urine routine also atevahed my report for ur ref. I had said u about my fear i made a endo 3 month back and it was normal and my gp says to take hp kit is it necessary to take will it take care of colon prib like IBD. Pls say me waiting for my culture sensity test .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the updates. I do not think that there is something concerning involved. Update me about the culture sensitivity report. Complete the course of HP Kit. Ask me back if you wish to know anything specific.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 13 minutes later
Is my anus pain now i take movon sp. is my pain related tocancer .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steps mentioned

Detailed Answer:
I do not think that it is due to cancer. I do not think Movon Spray will help. Rather, Sitz bath should help. Take warm water as hot as skin can take. Sit on it with your anal opening dipped. Do this for 15-20 mins a couple of times a day. Also apply hot compress to the area. See a physiotherapist and get a demonstration of the exercises which should help.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Sir
No pain all but my results show abnormal. Why so .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details needed

Detailed Answer:
I would not worry if there is no pain. The gastric mucosal prolapse does not seem to be a cause for concern. The urine shows traces of protein and a few RBCs present but the pus cell count is not raised. I would need to ask if you have diabetes and/or high blood pressure.

No i am not diabetes or high bp. If rbc in urine a syptom of cancer in blade or prostate or kidney. Pls help me. My ystd report was normal. Bacteria was alone there. Attached that also
Brief Answer:
An ultrasonogram of KUBP (kidney, ureters, bladder, prostate) needs to be d

Detailed Answer:
It need not be a symptom of cancer. Rather, some obstructive cause like stones needs to be ruled out. It calls for further evaluation.

Not worried about STDs.

Bacteria will always be present in urine and that is not a cause for concern.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 34 hours later
Sir
Pain in anus snap i have attached. Pain os opp to the skin tag area. On tain boan area. Pls help me to come out of it .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sitz bath should help

Detailed Answer:
Checked the snap(s). As already mentioned, Sitz bath should help.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 hours later
Sir
As per your advice intook sizbath and feel better now. But one more prob now is not able tonempty my bowl completely. May it b bcs of i took painkiller ytd night. Will it make me constupate. I had my stool but feel of not emptied properly. More of stress. Passing to much of gas. Cancer fear increased more .
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
It will not constipate you. However, you also need to ensure good fiber intake in order to have proper bowel movements. Regular morning walk and exercise are also essential for the same.

Stress will only make things worse. Try to relax. You need not worry about cancer.