Suggest Treatment For Abdominal Bloating, Nausea And Severe Vomiting
You seem to have infectious gastroenteritis. This could be viral and may resolve on its own. Prilosec OTC can be tried twice a day before every meal. Try to take liquid to semi solid food for easy digestion and avoiding nausea/vomiting.
However you may need prescription medicaitons for nausea and vomiting if it continues for another 12 hours. Please do not try Dulcolax.
I suggest you to take electrolytes in liquid form. Tender abdomen is not a good sign and indicates an examination by physician for sure.
So for examination and prescription drugs for nausea/vomiting you need to see a doctor.
The length of the GE would typically be 3 to 5 days in a person without any medical issues. Till then symptomatic treatment is given.
See at the ER
I am sorry for the delay. It looks like you need a visit to the ER. The temperature is high, tender abdomen with nausea and vomiting. It all does not look to be nice to wait. It is better not to wait for an appointment with the doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left side twinges back and abdominal
- Teresa has been complaining of severe abdominal
- Fever nausea headache congestion abdominal
- Pregnancy and air bubble in upper abdominal
- Hard squelchy abdominal
- Pain right buttock abdominal
- Heavy movement in upper right abdominal
- Lump on outer skin of lower abdominal
- Frequent urgent urination dull ache left abdominal
- Unexplained bruise kidney stone abdominal