Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating and severe constipation

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: i HAVE A HISTORY OF BOWEL OBSTRUCTIONS X3. LAST SURGERY WAS LAST JULY. i AM FEELING EXTREMELY FULL OF FECES BUT CANT GO. BLOATING, SWELLING, AND FEVERISH. I HAVE MANY ADHESIONS FROM A PREVIOUS HYSTERECTOMY IN 2008. DO I WAIT UNTIL IT IS FULL BLOWN, OR SHOULD I PROCEED TO EMERGENCY NOW?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely fecal impaction.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
I've gone through all of your details.

As per your query, i would suggest you to go to emergency soon. Most likely, it's Fecal impaction.

A fecal impaction is a solid immobile bulk of feces that has developed in the rectum as a result of chronic constipation. As you have a history of bowel obstruction and multiple surgeries you are a candidate prone for such impaction.

Abdominal pain, persistent urge to move the bowels, malaise, excessive bloating are all signs of fecal impaction. Go to the nearest emergency; Digital extraction of stools will be performed by the doctors there.

Wish you a good health and quick recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee